Choosing The Perfect Competition Jewels (5 STEP GUIDE)
So you've purchased your suit, you've got your heels, and you're ready to put on the finishing touches. Next stop...time to pick out stage jewelry! We've composed a a guide for things you'll want to consider to make finding the perfect stage jewelry a breeze.
Choose A Crystal/Stone Color - Your goal is to create one cohesive look that looks as if it was just meant to be! First you'll need to pick the stone/crystal color of your jewels. Use your suit as a source of inspiration. Consider the crystal/stone colors used in your suit design and connectors. The two most common crystal/stone colors worn in stage jewelry are traditional silver and AB (has a rainbow effect that glistens and changes as you move). Both are beautiful and look great under stage lights! If your suit incorporates both or you wish to mix things up a bit, choose jewels that incorporate both stone colors. Below are great examples of jewels that incorporate both AB & Silver crystals/stones All of these jewels could easily be paired with silver or ab bracelets and rings, depending upon your preferences! Purchase standard jewels HERE
2. Match Your Connector Shapes
- Suit connector shapes are just as important as crystal/stone colors! What special shapes do you have on your connectors? Do you have drapes, rope twists, or diamonds? Choose jewels that pair well with your connectors. A literal match isn't always necessary (circle for circles or diamonds for diamonds) but, if you have a more dramatic connector shape, such as crystal flowers or hanging rhinestone fringe you'll want to keep your jewelry simple and sweet. That's a whole other blog post... but
, we wouldn't be jewelry stylists if we didn't give you an example! Our LOLIE earrings have a twist/braided style that pairs perfect with twist connectors! Jewelry styling is what we do! If you need help pulling together the perfect stage look, we would be happy to assist! All DELUXE BOXES are styled according to your personal preferences (exclusive jewels) CONTACT US
3. Consider your hairstyle - If you already have a hairstyle in mind, choose jewels that pair well. After all you don't want to have gorgeous bling that won't be seen! If you're opting for studs, hoops, or short earrings, make sure you've got your tresses under control so, the bling shines right through! Long fringe or chandeliers aren't for everyone, and that's ok. Choose a style that suits your personal taste. Feeling comfortable and confident on stage really shines through!
4. Mimic Your Moves - We've always thought that your jewels should mimic your stage presence (not the golden rule, just our thoughts!)
- Bikini athletes = sass and spunk! Poses are feminine and flow from one to the next! Rhinestone fringe earrings and chandeliers have lots of movement that will really shimmer and shine as you hit your poses on stage. Some examples from our standard jewels: RAIELLE & JAZMIN
- Figure athletes = all about those quarter turns! The "X factor is everything! Poses are not as sassy, and have a bit of edge (btw we love edge!) Chunks and layers also have a special edge. They don't have as much movement but, they bring the drama! Some examples from our standard jewels: MCKENZIE & PHOENIX
Physique, Fitness, and Bodybuilding - As classes go higher so does the level of leanness, muscle separation, and striation! First and foremost choose a style that suits you but, consider your routine as well. For a lovely Fitness woman, earrings that are easily caught in your hair or liable to fall off during the routine would not be desirable! Just as your physique progressively gets tighter and defined, we love to see jewels with intricate details! Check out the "striations" on these beauties! PERLA & MONA AB SILVER
5. Choose A Focal Point - You're the one competing, don't make your jewels, suit, and heels compete for the spotlight! It's all about balance. Nail down the types of jewels you would like to have. Choose your "center". You may opt for a more simple and refined bracelet and ring and really play up your earrings or vice versa! Balance the look with a standout piece or two (no more) and keep the others simple and refined. This also helps you to create a versatile set. For your next show you can swap out jewels by refreshing your look with a few new pieces, and keeping your staples!
Visit www.centerstagecompetitionjewels.com for all of your jewelry needs! We don't just style athletes. From standards to deluxe box jewels and special orders too, we've got you covered for your next special event.
Feel free to contact us! Style advice is always free. firstname.lastname@example.org