Choosing between your physique and your hair should never be a choice you have to make. Don't skip today's HIIT workout just to avoid a potentially bad hair day. The muscle building, calorie torching, health-boosting benefits, of exercise can't be topped! It's easy to avoid exercise for fear of what it could do to your tresses. We've compiled a list of tips (and inspo gallery below) to preserve your luscious locks while maintaining your weekly workout routine.
- Opt for a "wash and go" style that allows you to exercise with freedom. Wash and condition your hair first, apply a styling aid (oil, mousse, etc.) and blow-dry using a diffuser to fight those frizzies!
- Break out the headbands and scarves to wrap your hair before entering the gym! This helps to keep hair in place (avoid those flyways) and reduce excess frizz. Wait until you've cooled down to remove your wrap! Consider using an anti-frizz product (mousse or gel) to smooth ends and help maintain your hairstyle.
- Dry shampoo can be used to help absorb excess sweat and oils.
- Nourish your scalp! Lightly spray your scalp with olive, shea, or argan oil (just to name a few) to refresh your hair, reduce frizz, and provide a sweet natural smell (it's hard to smell like roses after leaving the gym!).
- If you're in the habit of washing your hair after each workout, try a keratin treatment for added strength. In a little over an hour, results last months, and give you the freedom of working out without fussing with your hair!